RTF Networks is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We consider this to be an important part of the way we do business.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Promote car sharing to minimise carbon emissions
- Offer an effective “Cycle to Work” Scheme
- Manage the disposal of waste in a responsible manner
- Evaluate operations and ensure they are as efficient as possible
- Actively promote recycling internally and reduce the waste of materials by our customers
- Raise awareness of environmental issues with our staff and enlist their support in all areas of this policy
- Source and promote a product range the minimises the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet the environmental legislation that relates to our industry
- Monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance
- Consider the impact on the environment during the planning and implementation of our growth strategies
This policy statement is reviewed and updated as necessary.
It is endorsed by the company Directors who are fully committed to its implementation.
As one of the UK’s leading voice resellers, RTF Networks recognises the need to set an example in how we approach our environmental policies.
We take our responsibilities very seriously and are fully committed to becoming not only one of the most efficient low cost providers, but also one of the greenest.
That’s why we’ve taken a multi-pronged approach to being green; we’ve implemented solutions that enable users of our products and services to reduce their carbon footprint through our Carbon Neutral Minutes Product. We’ve applied ‘green’ practices to everything we do as a company and work hard to adhere to our environmental policies.
Carbon Neutrality is a popular phrase in many business communities, but far too few companies embrace the necessary changes to achieve this. RTF offers the ‘Greenest Minutes in the UK’ through our main provider Gamma Telecom. A first in the UK telecoms market, as from 1st January 2009 all minutes carried across the Gamma Telecom Network are Carbon-Neutral, helping businesses and the public and voluntary sectors reduce their carbon footprint.
Here are some of the initiatives that have helped to reduce carbon footprint;
- Annual power consumption is down 150,000Kw in 2015 due to continued investment in soft switching (soft switching has enabled a move from power-hungry hardware infrastructure to software driven environment which uses far less power).
- Our electronic invoicing policy means that we now produce over 85% less paper bills. Customers receive their bills vis e-mail and access itemisation online via our web-billing. This saves over 25000 printed pages a month.
- We have introduced a car sharing policy and invested in diesel pool cars for people to take to appointments. Many of our staff live within the same town so it is a viable solution both to saving money and being eco-friendly.
From The Times (October 29, 2005)
‘We’re on verge of the paperless world’ says Gates